Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Beginning

My first book, "therivercalls" is truly a labor of love. In it I recount many tales told me as a young man by the real woodsmen of Northern Minnesota, the lumberjacks

Lumberjacks were a large part of the community where I was raised. We never saw them all winter because that was when they worked in the timber camps. But in the summer, quite a few of them stayed at area boarding houses.

These were tough no nonsense men who'd fight at the drop of a hat. But there was a gentler side as well. The Sky Pilot would visit them at least once a week.

There weren't many married lumberjacks. Few women wanted to be married to a man who only came home in the summer.

This great Ebook "The River Calls" can be ordered quickly and easily by clicking on Amazon.com .

I wish you good reading.

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment