Thursday, July 7, 2011

Charlie





   One of the most common of Minnesota's game birds is the Ruffed Grouse. One such critter walked out of the woods last year and adopted me. He follows me around as I do my chores and then as I sit watching the last rays of sun disappear in the evening, he stops in again.
   He's gotten a bit fiesty lately and wants to do battle with my shoe. He struts right up to it and starts clucking, a sure sign he's ready. Then if I move my foot, he hops up in the air and comes down smartly with a strong peck to my toe. Over and over he goes into contortions that would make Bruce Lee ask for lessons. A high speed camera shows his moves.
   I've been around a while and seen a lot of nature, but never have I seen such a thing.
   You can find the EBook Kindle edition of "The River Calls" at Amazon.com and at peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated each day. 
   I invite you to visit "The River Calls" blog site each day for a small look into what life was like a long time ago.

Good Reading,
Ron

Cover Design and Formatting by coversareus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment