Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wil Morgan

   In my book "The River Calls" I write about duck hunting on the Bigfork River and how it was such an important part of getting food put up for winter. Wil tells of a rather colorful trip made in late fall. 
   Some of the best times I've had on the Bigfork were hunting trips. On one of these trips, I invited an old friend to go along. We had a great time, but there just weren't any ducks around. Not a shot was fired.
   The next Monday morning at work, I ran into my partner again. He started talking about his hunting trip. He said that they had a great hunt and got a lot of ducks. He had forgotten that it was me he was with and his bragging got him in trouble again. He was one who stretched the truth until even he couldn't recognize it. We had a lot of good hunts, but not nearly as good as the ones in his imagination.
   You can find the EBook Kindle edition of "The River Calls" at Amazon.com and at peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated each day. 
   I invite you to visit "The River Calls" blog site each day for a small look into what life was like a long time ago.

Good Reading,
Ron

Cover Design and Formatting by coversareus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment