Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tuxedo?

 
   On the Bigfork River, many hunters take really big bucks each year during deer season. Once in a while you'll see a non-typical buck that comes close to a world record.
   Sometimes when you stop into the local watering hole after a days hunt, you hear stories that make you perk up. Here's one from my old hunting partner Windy.
   Well, I was sitting in my stand about 6 this morning and all of a sudden I heard brush crack. I knew something was coming in so I got my gun ready. There was a lot of snow coming down so it was hard to see. Then I saw a spot of deer hide. By then I was really shaking.
   The snow eased up a bit and I saw a guy in a tuxedo standing there looking at me. It was pretty cold so I put my mittens back on. I kept watching that guy but couldn't get a clear picture of what it was. Then it dawned on me. It was a deer that was half albino.
   By then everyone in the bar was laughing. Windy was a pretty good liar and everyone thought he was at it again. Windy left the bar with his head hanging low. The whole place was laughing. The next day, Windy stopped in again and said that he saw that deer again. Then the laughing started all over again. This time Windy walked out the front door and when he came back in, he was dragging the tuxedo deer.
   Windy had redeemed himself, at least for a few days.
   You can find the EBook Kindle edition of "The River Calls" at Amazon.com and at peaceriverbooks.com. The Peace River Books blog is updated each day. 
   I invite you to visit "The River Calls" blog site each day for a small look into what life was like a long time ago.

Good Reading,
Ron

Cover Design and Formatting by coversareus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment